2 Weeks? 2 Weeks! I cannot believe that in two weeks I will be boarding a plane to Uganda. To Africa! I'm not really even sure what to say. It always seemed so far off in the distance. Sure, I would get there someday, but not anytime soon. But then again...life seems to have a way of sneaking up on me and TADA! here it is. I mean two weeks is a sizable chunk of time...right? For some reason I feel like the sand is running far too quickly out of my hourglass.
Last night we had some family over to celebrate my birthday and my venturing out into the vast world. About when everyone started to leave and was like, 'Take care of yourself', 'Have a safe trip to Africa', and such niceties that I began to realize that this would be the last time I would see some of them until Christmas after my trip. That was a shocking revelation.
I still have much to accomplish. I feel as though the summer were lopsided. Like a teeter-totter with a heavier person on one end and a significantly lighter one on the other. There is shopping to be done, packing, last minute get togethers with friends, quality sibling time to be spent, finishing up various creative pursuits, and packing...I guess I should learn to balance better. To put equal sized responsibility on both sides of my teeter-totter.
I do so enjoy being responsible and the freedom that comes, but sometimes I wish I could drop it all and just have fun. To cast caution to the wind and dance.
As it says in Jeremiah 31:12-14:
They will come and shout for joy on the heights of Zion;
they will rejoice in the bounty of the LORD—
the grain, the new wine and the olive oil,
the young of the flocks and herds.
They will be like a well-watered garden,
and they will sorrow no more.
Then young women will dance and be glad,
young men and old as well.
I will turn their mourning into gladness;
I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.
I will satisfy the priests with abundance,
and my people will be filled with my bounty,”
declares the LORD.
Praise be to God the sustainer of my soul for he provides comfort and joy!
Just a fun fact for those of you wondering...Uganda is about 8 hours ahead of central standard time.
No comments:
Post a Comment