24.8.11

Of Planes.

Uganda Day ½

It’s about 11:40 in Johannesburg, South Africa, the location of our lengthy layover. Our flight from New York got in about 8 AM local time and other than one girl forgetting her passport on the plane, thus far, our trip has gone off without a hitch. (Our next flight leaves at 14:00) For those of you who have not experienced a fifteen hour plane ride, IT IS LONG. So far I’m pretty awake even though it’s about 5 AM at home. I slept-ish on the plane, and have met most everyone.
I am excited. I really am. I’m still pretty nervous. There is still so much of this trip that is unknown and uncertain. As for the friend thing, it’s going ok…I’m so worried that I will not connect really deep with anyone. But then the still small voice in my head reminds me that I haven’t even known any of these people for more than 24 hours, and still we manage to laugh and revel in the fact that WE ARE IN AFRICA!
The airport is pretty cold. It’s funny to be in Africa, but be cold. I guess that just goes to show how much I am aware of the continent of Africa. I mean South Africa is pretty far south, and apparently, they had snow recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment